- Assessing the rhetorical situation,
- Stating an overall claim about the subject,
- Clarifying their criteria for evaluation,
- Stating a judgment for each criteria,
- Supporting each judgment with evidence, and
- Balancing their evaluation with both positive and negative comments.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
|Photo GNU license - Wikimedia Commons|
The students will blog about their preparation processes, their question and thesis formulation, and about their findings from this hands-on step in the research process. Students will use the information gathered in the interview to shape their theses, to rethink their approaches, and to guide their research.
The class has accessed a number of materials in textbooks, writing labs, and through online digital sources to prepare for the interviews and to contextualize this step of research in their project.