Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Review: Wireframes, SiteMaps, Style Sheets, and Fresh Eyes

Students will review their Brand Guide/Style Sheets, and revise as needed, giving attention to these questions:

  1. Does my style sheet reflect my voice and tone?
  2. Does my style sheet control and direct my personal web presence design?
    If not, Why?
  3. Have I revised my style sheet to make it presentable to the public? Language, information, etc.

Students will review examples of "best practices" by looking at other students’ (and young professionals’) personal websites:

(Students will also see the Muse's 35 Best Personal Websites We've Ever Seen - and write a review of two of their favorites.)

Review Questions:

  1. What do I like about the look and feel of the site?
  2. Can I articulate specific principles that make the design effective?
  3. Is there something I WOULD imitate from this site's design?
  4. Is there something I would NOT imitate from this site's design?
  5. Is the Navigation easy? simple? difficult? confusing? clear? fun? enticing? Explain.
  6. Is there something I WOULD imitate from this site's Layout and Navigation Flow?
  7. Is there something I would NOT imitate from this site's Layout and Navigation Flow?
  8.  What changes will I make from discoveries made in reviewing this site?


Students will use the information from the article, and ideas from the examples to revise and complete their websites. In their Blogs, students will provide a link to completed work for each of these items:

  1. Home/Landing Page
  2. About Me/Bio Info
  3. Resume
  4. Portfolio (various work by student: writing, design, art, photography, research, experience, etc.)
  5. Social Media Research Page (preparing for Student Symposium Panel.)
Optional:
  • Special Interests Page
  • Hobbies Page
  • Job-specific Page for potential employers
  • Community/Issues Page

Students will also
develop a PRE-BUILD SiteMap - and show a revised POST_BUILD SiteMap. 

(Some SiteMap Ideas are here: https://speckyboy.com/collection-inspiring-sitemaps-user-flow-maps/)

No comments:

Post a Comment