You are entering the wild world of Digital Literacies for the first time - Welcome!
We will use this blog space - and your connected blogs - for our ongoing class discussion this term. You will link your blogs to those in your class - but you can come here to see what students in the other section are doing - and what those who've gone before have done.
Digi Lit I (CM 410) Students - Take Note - Complete Before Friday's Class:
|Getting Started with Blogger|
- Create a Blogger blog and customize it to your selection of colors, etc. (You will revisit and redesign it many times throughout the course - so just get something you like that is easy to use and easy to read.)
- Quick Tour of Blogger: https://www.blogger.com/tour_start.g
- Video Tutorial of Blogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA4s3wN_vK8
- When you were a young child, what did you imagine the future would be like? What inventions, improvements, changes?
- Which of these things have come about so far? Which of these things have not come about? Do you expect some other facets of your vision of the future will come about soon?
- What things developed that you would never have imagined as a child? What would the "child you" think of this future?
- What is my experience with digital media - e.g. blogs, websites, social networks, etc.?