- Fonts and Types
- Color Theory
- Basic Design Principles
- Digital Photography Principles
- Image Editing
- Rhetoric of Framing
- Semiotics, and more...
Limestone's library has many books that would make ideal movie treatment topics - some sample titles are listed in this ad:
Each Student will produce a project that meets these criteria:
- 3 posters – each a different “take” on the same book.
- Posters should be printed in "tabloid" or "ledger" size - 11"x17" and may be either landscape or portrait in orientation.
- 1 poster must include original photography taken by YOU.
- 1 poster must feature a “legal use” image – with credit given, license identified, and source cited.
- Design consideration should be given to EACH element identified on the full Design/Semiotic/Rhetorical Analysis sheet.
- The Posters will be accompanied by a written “rationale” explaining your process, how your design(s) address the elements on the Design/Semiotic/Rhetorical Analysis Worksheet, skills you’ve learned and applied, etc. Each rationale should be expressive and complete, but each should be limited to 500 words or less.
- All 3 complete drafts due Wednesday, March 20 for workshop and review.
- Final Drafts to be presented, with rationales, to the class on Monday, March 25.