Welcome, digital literati of the 21st-century!
You will use this spot to check for assignments, find documents and other media, to link to your colleagues blogs, and to form a mini-network of fellow digital composers. (So, yes, in a way, we will make contact - with a brave new digital world!) Let's get started with a simple assignment that will help us connect to each other and establish a place to express our digital creativity:
Digi Lit II Students - Take Note - Complete Before Friday's Class:
|Getting Started with Blogger|
- Create a Blogger blog and customize it to your selection of colors, etc. (You will revisit and redesign it many times throughout the course - so just get something you like that is easy to use and easy to read.)
- Quick Tour of Blogger: https://www.blogger.com/tour_start.g
- Video Tutorial of Blogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA4s3wN_vK8
- What is my experience with digital media - e.g. blogs, websites, social networks, etc.? Particularly with digital video?
- How has my world changed since the introduction of YouTube? Can you categorize and describe some of these changes?
- How is online video (YouTube, Hulu, Amazon, Vimeo, etc.) different than television?
- What are some implications (social, spiritual, educational, professional, etc.) related to the brave new digital age that is shaped by our online connections, including video?