- Students will select a song to make into a video, and will script out the lyrics (with time codes) in a table to create a "shot list."
- Students will complete the table with a description of what images they want for each lyrical segment, making a "shopping list" for video footage and photos, etc.
- Students will begin "shopping" for "freegal" visual collateral, saving all assets in a folder dedicated to the project.
- Along the way, students should keep records of the assets which require attribution, (e.g. CC BY licenses.)
- Students will revise their shot list based on the images they actually chose to use, making the list into a Video Editing Guide - which will guide their editing in the lab.
- Students should refresh their knowledge of copyright laws and Fair Use guidelines to discuss how such materials may or may not be used.
The Shot List / Editing List looks like this: