Social Media Strategy is simply the strategic plan for how a company will incorporate social media into it's business.
Students have examined the major components of a social media strategy, such as:
- Social Media Audit – Why?
- Social Media Goals
- Budget, tactics, and tools
- Content Strategy
- Brand Persona and Voice
- Calendar of Key dates
- Roles & responsibilities
- Social Media Governance Plan
- Crisis Management Plan
- Measurement and Reporting
But, first... Students will consider just what the internet already knows about them - and the implications! In the class website, students will log into their Gmail accounts, and then click this link.
Students will read these two articles over the weekend, and post comments in preparation for a lively discussion in Tuesday's class:
- London's Daily Mail article on China's Dystopian Scorecard System.
- WIRED magazine's article on China's Experiment in Social Ranking.